Now, with the AskNicely Intercom integration for NPS, you can extend automate a real time Net Promoter Score process:
Automatically trigger AskNicely NPS surveys to your customers based on Intercom events
We can send surveys to all your Intercom contacts or a single Intercom “segment”. This is useful if you want to trigger a survey off a specific event. (How to create Segments)
Update the Intercom contact record in real time
We store the NPS Score and create a new event called NPS_Response so you can filter customers based on the time of their last response create smart auto messaging.
We store the customer’s comment as a note.
And tag users with either NPS Detractor/Passive/Promoter
Use Intercom to manage follow up communications
With Intercom’s powerful messaging capability, you can automate replies based on their NPS response like:
- Thanking Promoters for their support
- Asking Promoters to leave a review on Yelp, Facebook etc.
- Segmenting marketing messages based on whether they’re a Promoter or detractor
You’ll be up and running in under 10 minutes – here’s how..
1. Configure Intercom settings
- Get your API keys (“APP ID” and “API KEY”) from Intercom (click on the cog icon top right > Settings for [your business] > Api Keys. Create a new Api Key.)
- Add your APP ID and API KEY to AskNicely (hit the ‘Settings’ cog icon top right > Intercom)
- Choose which Intercom contacts you want to send surveys to (select “Do not import” if you are triggering surveys by a different means and just want to send the response data to Intercom)
- Choose custom fields to send to AskNicely (to help analyze NPS feedback and scores).
- Hit ‘Update’
2. Configure Sending Rules
- Setup a Daily Schedule on the ‘Send’ page to drip your surveys out each day. You can control how many survey emails per day, days of the week to send and time.
- Set how many days to wait before re-surveying a contact (90 days is common)
- If you don’t want to survey customers when they’ve just joined, set a delay
3. Automate responses from Intercom
To create a new Auto Message, target the tag “NPS Promoter”. Then, filter based on the event NPS-Response to find people that responded, say, 1 day ago.